God's Beautiful Works

Halloween Pics

Prayer request and Praises are taken all hours of the day, please send any type of request to:

Prayer/Praise Requests

Subscribe to Monthly Newsletter

Subscribe NOW!!!

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Love Dare Day 10: Love is Uncondtional

Love Dare Day 10: Love is Uncondtional


 

"Dedicated to my best friend,"


 

By definiton the word unconditional is without conditions or limitations. How many of us are so guilty of saying we love someone unconditional and then having a condition or a limitation. I will be the first to admit the "condition," part is my biggest flaw. Sometimes when the day is going good and I think about how much I love my husband I even surprise myself, but other days I do things for him just so he will do things for me. That is not "unconditional," love. That is "selfish," love. We again as humans tend to lean towards the "selfish," side more and more frequently when our walk with God is not as strong as it should be. I find my constant battle day in and day out is my "selfishness." I have to ask God to convict me daily and help me to be sincere and unconditonal in every thing I do.

We each love our spouses for our own individual reasons, some say beauty, or grace or knowledge, but think long and hard to the day that those qualities might disappear. What do you love now? What is it about the person you are in a relationship with that makes them stand out among all of the other elligble mates? What is it that makes you continue to invest your time and love with that person? Dig deep beyond physical appearances or natural beauty and really think hard to the reasons you chose the person you are with. I like to think that I chose the person I am with because God knew the areas that I was lacking would be fulfilled by my husband, or the areas that I needed the hardest work were areas my husband excelled in. God may or may not have a perfect person picked out for everyone, I do not know for sure, but I do know that if you are in a relationship and you pray whole heartedly for God to enter that relationship, and pull you together with him at the center, amazing miraculous things start happening. When you embrace God as the center of your relationship and open up to Him on a personal basis, he participates in your relationship. He makes himself visably known to each supporting member. He molds you into the person that he "purposefully," created you for. He uses your spouse or loved one to mold you into the perfect fit for each other.

In the olden days, couples had pre-arranged marriages; they didn't know or love each other. However divorce was not an option and over time with God's unveiling love, experiences, obstacles and challenges, they were united as one in love. Divorce is everywhere these days, and I am not one to judge another, but I just feel that everything can work out for the glory of God.

My best friend, married for almost ten years, battling an abusive husband who physically and mentally abused her for years, walked away. She had been gone for about 4 months and I was cheering her on the whole time about how she was amazing in strength and God would not want her to be treated like that and he was holding her up while she could not walk. She was exhausted and confused and I kept standing by her side daily encouraging and pushing her to do the "right," thing. What is the "right," thing? One night I was lying in bed and it hit me like a brick and I immediately sat up and started listening to God. God forgives all no matter what if we come to him to confess our sins, yes I understand that. God loves us all unconditonally and never walks away, yes I understood that as well. Then how was the "right," thing for my best friend to walk away from her marriage, but there is abuse God. Long story short, God was working on her husband the entire time. He left his old group of friends and started anger management. He started going to church and accepted Jesus Christ into his heart not to forgive him of his sins completely, but to show him the damage he had done to his family. He asked God to lead him and protect him as he began to realize the madness he had caused. He started putting his Godly foot in front of his sinfull foot and started making nice impressions in the ground instead of stumps. He started caring, loving, feeling and portraying unconditional love. He admitted he had a problem for the first time ever and apologized for the way he had been. Without my best friend being in the same home and just by seeing him on short occasions to exchange the children, she could see a difference. Although she has forgiven him through God and knows that God wants this to work out she is still not home yet. He has started putting his family before his own needs, his love for God before his own, and his determination in his marriage. She left the "Fireproof," movie in his truck one night really late and he watched it, he wants the "Love Dare," book now. He is living and breathing proof that God can rip the madness out of someone who just turns to him. Running from God never got us anywhere, it always lead to upset, misfourtunate feelings, miserable days and lonely nights. God only wants the best for your life and your future, he has the plan. I am happy to say that in a couple of months my best friend will be going back home to her husband with her children and they will for the first time begin a family united under God, due to his complete Grace. It took a lot for me to call my friend who was doing so awesome and tell her I thought it would be best to put the brakes on leaving and back up to forgiving. I felt led by God to tell her that if God can forgive and change him couldn't she forgive him as well. The most amazing thing was that she was thinking the thoughts inside that I was telling her from the outside, but fear was holding her back. Remember guys "fear," is purely the devil attacking the dreams and faith that you are trying to instill in God. Repeat the phrase daily, "Get thee behind me devil."

Loving unconditionally means thinking "unselfishly," and always knowing by God's grace anything is possible. God loves us uncondtionally with no strings attached, he is open and dedicated to believing in us daily. We owe it to God to be open and honest with our spouse about our love, and never for one moment doubt the amazing love that God has for us. When you are thinking "selfishly," think about God knowing he would never set a limitation on how much he loves you. Remember even if there is a door, it doesn't mean you have to walk through it. Stay on Gods side, think like God, live like God, forgive like God, and always love "unconditionally," like God.

The doors will always open when He needs them to based on your needs not your wants. If you are feeling led to walk away, know that God is not opening that door, the devil is. The choice you make to grab the handle is your own, however the devil plotted the temptation of giving up. God turns the door into a window so that the world on the outside can see the unconditonal love on the inside. Reflect only Gods love.

God Bless, Kylie Davis

***LOVE DARE***

Do something out of the ordinary today for your spouse—something that proves (to you and to them) that your love is based on your choice and nothing else. Wash her car. Clean the kitchen. Buy his favorite dessert. Fold the laundry. Demonstrate love to them for the sheer joy of being their partner in marriage


 

No comments:



Order your Heavens Legacy or Fallen not Forgotten bracelets today to
start giving to those in need. $5 dollars is all it takes to produce a warm
meal, a card, or a care package to a person in need of prayer.
Order


God is Love, God is Always With Us....